Raised by a single mother, owing to loss of his father when he was only two years old, Ahmed Shehzad dedicates his success to his mother. Shehzad was born on November 23, 1991, to a Pashtun family in Quetta, Baluchistan province of Pakistan. He was raised in Anarkali, Lahore as per his Wikipedia profile by his mother.
The prominent rising star of Pakistan follows footsteps of his inspiration Saeed Anwar-one of the most successful batsman in cricket history of Pakistan. Shehzad possesses many nicknames due to his mixed nature. He is known as ‘Shehzada’, ‘Selfie King’ and ‘Shezzy’ among his family, friends, and colleagues.
Shehzad knows his mother Tongue-Pashtun, very well and prefers to speak in Pashtu whenever possible. The well-known Shehzada is married to his childhood friend Sana Murad on September 19, 2015.
Career: Shehzad had played all major tournaments at the age of 19, which tells his quick rise in the Pakistani cricket arena. He debuted in ODIs against Australia on April 24, 2009, and in international test matches against Sri Lanka on December 31, 2013. He is also an important player for Pakistan in the T20 format where he debuted Australia on May 7, 2009. Since his debut in international cricket, he has been praised for his batting skills. Many experts in the game of cricket accept him as one of the few talented batsmen who can execute the difficult shots at the last moment.
His score card and profile at crickbuzz.com tell us about his skills and hard work he had undergone for the game. In 75 ODIs he scored total 2510 runs with an average of 33.92, maintaining the excellent strike rate of 72.73. In test matches too he holds quite a good record, where he scored 861 runs in 11 test matches and 21 innings with an average of 43.05.
He proved many times that he can score centuries whenever the team needs more runs with his 3, 13 and 1 centuries in tests, ODIs and T20 formats respectively. Shehzad was a well-known right-handed leg break bowler in his Under-19 team, but he did not get many chances to ball in international matches.
As he entered the international cricket he holds some of the good records to his profile. Here is the list of prominent records hold by him:
• He is the youngest batsman to score a ton in all formats of cricket and also the lone Pakistani player to achieve this feat at the age of 22 years.
• He is the highest run scorer for Lahore Lions- a domestic team in Pakistan’s cricketing arena.
• He is the first opening batsman of Pakistan to hit 4 sixes during a test match.
• He also holds the record of stroking most sixes in an inning for a Pakistan in T20.
Apart from this Shehzad won 10 man of the match awards across in all formats of the game. However, he missed having any credible international award to his profile.
Shehzad is known for speaking his mind at all costs. This nature landed himself in many controversies. Some of the important controversies in which Shehzad is alleged to be involved are:
• According to news published in indiatoday.in Shehzad attacked Tillakaratne Dilshan over religious matters. The PCB held an inquiry into the incident but as there was no formal complaint either by Dilshan or Sri Lankan Cricket the matter was closed. But for this behavior, he got an official reprimand from PCB.
• On tour to Kenya with Pakistan Under-19 team Shehzad was fined, allegedly going to a nightclub, breaking teams rule.
• According to the news on sportskeeda.com, he is also involved in a court controversy for his inappropriate behavior during a match. He allegedly broke the glass in his dressing room. He also had an argument with the on-field umpire during the same match.
Ahmed Shehzad Net Worth in year 2017 is approximately $1.3 Million US Dollars
Ahmed Shehzad is placed in the B-category in PCB’s salary rankings for which he gets $3300 monthly salary. He has been playing in many domestic events organized in other countries too. ‘Boom Boom Cricket’-a company involved in the manufacturing of cricketing gears in Pakistan also signed him as their brand ambassador to promote their brand, after Shahid Afridi, as per the company’s Facebook page. The net worth of Ahmed Shehzad is around $1 million US dollars in 2017.
With his aim to become a batsman like Ricky Ponting and follow his inspiration Saeed Anwar, Shezad is forgetting to control his anger and his tongue. We feel that cricketer has the tremendous opportunities before himself, only if he stays away from the controversies and concentrates more on the game.